We all live a stressful life and stress has become a part and parcel of our lives. Stress combined with unhealthy lifestyle is the reason as to why you are gaining weight. Sometimes you don’t even eat much but still, your clothes have become tight. It is said that “Overweight and obesity is the second leading cause of death, killing 300,000 people.” Running on the path of being overweight makes one prone to various other diseases as well such as high blood pressure, diabetes and heart diseases.
This event triggers one’s breathing function of the body. Obesity is also treated as a silent killer disease that holds the capacity to dismantle the body’s inner functioning.
Before moving ahead, we need to encounter the question that what is Obesity? Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to an extent that it may have a negative effect on health. People are generally considered obese when their body mass index (BMI) is over 30 kg/m2 (the actual range lying between 25–30 kg/m2) is defined as overweight.
Not just unhealthy lifestyle and stress contribute to obesity alone. There are various other factors that can cause obesity.
- Excessive food energy, when your calorie intake is more than you burn your calorie, (including food at improper intervals, skipping meals especially your breakfast)
- Lack of absolute physical activity,
- Lack of sleep or even disrupted sleeping patterns,
- An unhealthy lifestyle that includes drinking and smoking,
- Your genetics, (sometimes you tend to adopt obesity from your genes)
- Certain medications can cause water retention leading to weight gain.
- Pregnancy at a later age, etc
HOW TO COMBAT OBESITY?
In this fastest growing world where health plays an important role, it becomes necessary to take care of your health especially Obesity that can trigger other diseases as well. Things to be taken care of while combating obesity.
- Keep a track record of your weight with Omron HN-283 Weighing scales or Salter MODEL-9059 Weighing scale (steel)
- Avoid sugary, fat and processed food and including the intake of dietary fiber in your diet. Keep a record of how much calories you consume
- Exercise or any physical activity with meditation that will help to relieve your stress and will let you shed down more
- Have smaller meals at regular intervals combined with more glasses of water
- Set specific and realistic goals
- DON’T GIVE UP EASILY
Combined with these tips and a little extra effort on your part, you can surely fight yourself being overweight or obese.