No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Cathy IV Cannula without Injection Port
₹1,012.68 – ₹1,805.20 Incl. gst (-90%)
– The Cathy IV Cannulas are made of Volex proprietary polymer which ensures minimal trauma to the patient as the penetration force required is estimated to be 30% lower than that of PTFE cannulas
– This IV cannula also ensures minimal intimal irritation and controls the risk of phlebitis
– These IV cannulas are available without an injection port
– These cannulas have a low-pressure injection valve which facilitates the injection of extra medicine and prevents backflow
– The Cathy IV Cannula has angled and grooved wings that offer easy fixation on the patient’s body
– These cannulas are meant for single use only
– The wings of this IV cannula are made of non-toxic medical-grade polypropylene. It Incorporates a flash-back chamber in the hub, blood stopper, and luer lock cap
– These IV Cannulas are available in sizes 14/16/18/20/22/24/26 gauge
– They come in a standard packing of 100 units per box
– Intravenous (IV) cannulation is a process in which a cannula is placed inside a vein to provide access for multiple actions such as blood sampling, administration of fluids, medication, parenteral nutrition, chemotherapy for cancer drugs, and various other blood products. Complications such as hematoma, infiltration, embolism, and phlebitis may occur during cannulation, and healthcare providers should take precautions for the same.
– A needle is inserted through the skin of the patient into one of the veins. The needle is later removed, leaving just a tiny, thin, flexible tube inside your vein. The IV cannula is safely taped into place with the use of medical tapes. The IV cannula should not hurt when it is in place and can be left in place for several days.
– IV cannulas are available in different gauge sizes and in general, the smallest gauge should be used to effectively administer the fluid. This ensures that there is limited trauma to the vein. In case of emergencies, the larger sizes can be used for greater flow rates that can be maintained for required fluids. The 2 way IV cannulas and 3-way IV cannulas are available with or without injection ports
– IV cannulas are used to perform the following functions:
– Regular blood sampling
– Monitoring and administration of intra-venous fluids
– Administration of chemotherapy drugs through the IV route
– Channel for IV nutrition and IV control of radiologic agents such as those used in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
– CT scans (computed tomography) and nuclear imaging
– The cannula will be removed after your treatment ends. It is recommended to replace the cannula if it is not working properly. It should be replaced routinely if still in use every 72 hours.
14G – Box of 100, 16G – Box of 100, 18G – Box of 100, 20G – Box of 100, 22G – Box of 100, 24G – Box of 100, 26G – Box of 100